Location: Clackamas, OR
The IT Systems Administrator will report to the IT Manager of ImageWare Systems, Inc. The IT Administrator is responsible for assisting in the installation, maintenance, and general support of systems. Assists users with questions or problems. May help perform system backups and recovery and install new software. This position is required to carry and consistently monitor a issued cell phone and respond to requests within allocated time frame.
- Configures, monitors, troubleshoots and repairs to all IWS Servers, PCs, Laptops, peripherals. This includes some remote access and configuration.
- Develops familiarity with all ImageWare software, third party programs, and licensing requirements.
- Ensures that the work environment for all employees is productive through support and training where required.
- Ensures that all remote connectivity required by IWS employees is tested and documented and that employees can use effectively.
- Carries out routine monitoring of all systems to ensure absolute minimum of downtime.
- Consults on purchasing of all business systems and equipment.
- Acquires and maintains a working knowledge of all IWS business systems, including phones, alarm system, Internet services, licensing, and any other systems as assigned.
- Prepares and maintains clear, accurate and up-to-date documentation for all IWS configurations, IT practices, network setup.
- On call and available for remote or on-site troubleshooting and system repair or recovery at all times.
- Coordinates all inventories for software and hardware, consistent with Asset Tracking specifications.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology required to move the company forward in all aspects of the IT arena
- Ensures all IWS systems are kept secure and safe from infection by any and all malicious software or code.
- Performs other duties associated with this position as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Education:
- Minimum 4 years in a high-tech environment with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
- MCSE certification preferred. All other certifications considered.
- Experience working with multiple platforms, including Microsoft Windows Server and desktop operating systems, MacOS, Microsoft Hyper-V, Linux server and desktop operating systems, PC and mobile device management, network management and administration (domain, switches, routers, etc.), active directory, private/public cloud architectures and software, and VMWare.
- Knowledge with both hardware and software particularly with Google Apps, & Microsoft Office required.
Skills, Knowledge and Ability:
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) with customers, suppliers, senior management, and other company personnel
- Capacity to understand, interpret and explain complex technical systems
- Ability to be self-motivated, work efficiently, independently and within a team environment based in several locations
- Good understanding of the entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance
- Aware of business issues as they impact overall project plans
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, with the ability to prioritize competing deadlines
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible on priorities while working accurately, with attention to detail, in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to physically work in the assigned office environment on a regularly set schedule.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts and 401K in addition to LTD, and LIFE/AD&D insurance. Employees enjoy ten paid holidays per year, in addition to a very generous paid-time-off policy.
To apply please submit your .pdf formatted resume to: email@example.com
Please no 3rd parties
ImageWare Systems, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer