Strategic Partnership Yields First Customers
San Jose and San Diego, CA – (November 9, 2015) – Extenua, a pioneering developer of enterprise security software that simplifies the use and access of ubiquitous cloud storage, and Imageware Systems, Inc. (OTC: IWSY), a leader in mobile and cloud-based, multi-modal biometric identity management solutions, announced that their strategic partnership has gone live on Amazon Web Services. Several U.S. federal agencies and American Systems Corporation have signed up as initial users of the joint product.
The partnership was formed to combine Extenua’s award-winning Cloud2Drive™ storage product with ImageWare’s patented mobile, multi-modal biometric GoVerifyID® product. Cloud2Drive client software coupled with GoVerifyID puts cloud storage to work with the virtual drive cluster file system, SAFE AITM. This includes the industry’s most hardened encryption system and ImageWare’s mobile application that provides out-of-band biometric authentication from any mobile device. Together, they create the first and only end-to-end secure cloud storage platform for office and mobile devices.
“Extenua’s Cloud2Drive makes shared cloud storage secure, easily accessible and simple to deploy, regardless of the enterprise’s existing cloud storage provider,” said Steve Visconti, CEO of Extenua. “Security is a challenge for enterprises, both large and small, and many would like to take advantage of a productive and secure cloud storage solution for their mobile workforce. We now offer the best encryption techniques and multi-modal biometric identity management software to address this challenge and provide an unprecedented level of security to companies utilizing cloud storage, whether it is public, private, or hybrid.”
“Cloud2Drive, with integrated out-of-band biometric identification, represents a new level of highly secure platforms required for today’s cloud and on-premises storage networks,” said Tom Suder, Mobilegov’s President. “Combining Cloud2Drive and ImageWare GoVerifyID into a single platform plays an important role in countering threats to our cyber networks.”
Cloud2Drive has been designed from the ground up to provide enterprises a controlled, secure and easy access solution for their cloud data by delivering critical, high-value features, including:
- Cloud2Drive allows users to see and use their cloud storage like it’s a local hard disk drive, for quick learnability. With an easy set up wizard, users can access cloud storage in minutes. Cloud2Drive runs on most Windows platforms, such as Android, iOS, Linux, and MAC OSX. It can also manage the complexities that arise with most back-end multi-cloud support structures offered from cloud vendors, such as Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, Fujitsu GCP/LCP, IBM Softlayer, Rackspace, WebDAV, SFTP, and many others.
- Administrators can aggregate multiple cloud services in the back-end and present them as one virtual drive or many virtual drives to the user’s device. Aggregated cloud services offers maximum flexibility and can deliver more capacity, mirrored RAID 1 type high-availability and fault-tolerance, or as a migration tool from one cloud vendor to the next without interruption of service.
- Cloud2Drive is 100% enterprise ready. It allows multiple users to access the same files and can prevent multiple users from accidentally corrupting a file if they access it at the same time.
- Cloud2Drive uses the most accurate artificial intelligence in order to predict what files a user will need, then it caches and encrypts these files locally so the user can work offline.
- Local encryption, independent of the cloud provider, is a crucial feature of strong security. The administrator controls the encryption key, so not even the cloud provider can access the organization’s data. This control exceeds HIPAA and PCI compliance standards.
- Cloud2Drive is very flexible and allows online access, anywhere, without the need for creating VPNs, gateways, or other bottlenecks that can be a single point of failure. This is perfect for public, private, and hybrid cloud solutions.
ImageWare’s out-of-band biometric authentication product, GoVerifyID, delivers patented, advanced fraud-prevention capabilities to organizations. Biometric authentication, which includes voice, eye, signature, fingerprint and facial recognition, provides an additional layer of security and fraud defense to enterprise cloud storage users.
“Cloud2Drive is already a ‘best-in-class’ cloud storage product, and the addition of GoVerifyID and multi modal biometrics has now made it even better by adding both security and ease of use features,” said Jim Miller, chairman and CEO of ImageWare. “We are pleased to partner with Extenua to make biometric authentication available to the cloud storage market. Together, we provide the most advanced level of data security the industry has been looking for.”
ImageWare Systems, Inc. (OTCQB: IWSY) is a leading developer of mobile and cloud-based identity management solutions, providing biometric, secure credential and law enforcement technologies. Scalable for worldwide deployment, ImageWare’s biometric product line includes a multi-biometric engine that is hardware and algorithm independent and enables the enrollment and management of unlimited population sizes. ImageWare’s identification products are used to manage and issue secure credentials, including national IDs, passports, driver’s licenses, smart cards and access control credentials. ImageWare’s digital booking products provide law enforcement with integrated mug shot, fingerprint livescan, and investigative capabilities. ImageWare is headquartered in San Diego, CA, with offices in Portland, OR, Washington, D.C., and Ottawa, Ontario. For more information on ImageWare Systems, Inc., please visit www.iwsinc.com.
Extenua Inc., based in San Jose, CA, is an award-winning developer of enterprise security software that simplifies and secures the use of cloud technologies, including SilverSHielD SFTP for WindowsTM Server, SilverSHielD SFTP SaaS on IBM Softlayer cloud and Cloud2Drive. Extenua’s customers include a myriad of Fortune 500 companies, including IBM, Fujitsu, Boeing, Nokia, Sony, Toyota, Kaiser Permanente, US Bank and Motorola as well as government institutions, security agencies, and thousands of small and medium businesses. Additional information is available at www.Extenua.com or by calling (408) 300-5779.