Credentialing: Federal ID, Corporate, and School ID Solutions
By 2015, 114 countries issued 600 million federal employee ID cards with nearly 2.5 billion in circulation. These federal ID card credentials represent only a portion of the total number of federal ID cards issued each year, which include health cards, driver’s licenses and social welfare/benefit cards.
Meeting the ongoing and often conflicting demands of these expanding federal identification card programs requires continued innovation and often significant reinvestment as the underlying identity infrastructures are not robust enough to flexibly respond to evolving requirements. These challenges will be exacerbated as the future of these programs are increasingly defined by technology advancements in mobility and cloud computing that introduces new capabilities and new complexities into the existing identity ecosystem.
Biometric-based identification, credentialing, and security protocols, which protects the identity-based “virtual perimeter” formed by these shared security infrastructures, will expand. Increasingly, these credentials — physical and logical — will be leveraged to secure additional government and commercial transactions.
As a complex interconnected network of networks, this “virtual perimeter” will demand an unprecedented level of operational reliability and flexibility, built upon an advanced, multi-modal biometric-based identification and credentialing infrastructure designed to meet this challenge.
Building on this legacy of sustained excellence in innovation, ImageWare® breaks new ground delivering secure federal ID card programs with its next generation CloudID. CloudID is a revolutionary new enterprise class Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)-based software platform for creating extraordinarily modular, flexible, and scalable Future Proof Identity solutions for federal ID card programs. ImageWare also provides the CloudID platform in a Software as a Service (SaaS) model called GoCloudID.
Critical CloudID Capabilities for a Federal Government ID Card
CloudID offers an unsurpassed ability to rapidly develop and deploy highly modular, cost effective, customized biometric identity management and advanced credentialing solutions for a federal employee ID card. Solutions that can be easily reconfigured to adapt to evolving requirements, respond to emerging mandates, and technology advancements.
- Accelerates development and deployment of enterprise-class, biometric identity management solutions for government eID programs.
- Provides a level of modularity, interoperability, and massive scalability – from mobile devices to large-scale databases — previously unavailable in the biometrics and credentialing marketplace.
- Easily reconfigured to respond to evolving and new functional requirements, mandates, and technology advancements, as well as emerging market trends and innovations.
- Achieves optimal performance in cloud-based environments or as cloud-ready software operating within networked client server and data center IT infrastructures.
- Built on IWS Biometric Engine®, ImageWare’s highly acclaimed biometric management platform, with more than a decade of proven results.
- Integrates any type or number of biometric modalities, matching algorithms, and capture devices that can easily be swapped out without impact to solution architecture, performance, or usability.
- Total platform flexibility allows server platforms, business services, or application modules to be updated or replaced with custom or third party alternatives.
- Integrates with existing identity solutions, leveraging established biographic, contextual, biometric, and other image/text data.
- Ability to centralize or distribute in any configuration; modify or upgrade without impacting solution architecture, performance, or usability.
- Modular structure allows integrators and solution providers to create adaptable solutions that can be efficiently and cost effectively customized to reduce investments and accelerate deployments.
- Allows for ongoing biometric data and credentialing updates based on evolving security demands, innovations, and standards.
ImageWare’s Federal ID Card
ImageWare has more than a decade of proven expertise delivering multi-modal biometric screening and credentialing solutions for federal ID cards. This includes issuing tens of millions of identity cards, driver’s licenses, passports, and visas in dozens of countries across the globe and managing millions of identities for a wide range of local, state, and federal government customers. One of ImageWare’s premier federal government ID customers is the largest Federal U.S. agency, the Veterans Administration, where ImageWare provides agency-wide biometric identity management capabilities and enables the agency to produce Personal Identity Verification (PIV) credentials. This includes:
- Multi-modal biometric enrollment and management
- Identity proofing and vetting
- Management of all biometric devices
Federal ID card customers understand that CloudID’s modular, interoperable, SOA approach means their current needs will be met while their identity infrastructure investment will be preserved.